Cairo Automotive Components Park
Egypt has assigned an area of 2 million square meters in the growing and developing city of 6th of October; just 30 minutes southwest of Cairo.
Featuring some of the world's most well-known companies across diverse industries, Egypt welcomes you to co-locate "next door" to your customer's plants, where you will benefit from targeted support, amenities and benefits of our new Foreign Direct Investment Program.
Now is the time to come, invest and prosper.
Egypt has made the Automotive sector a priority sector
The Minister of Trade and Industry, H.E. Mr Rachid Mohamed Rachid, has endorsed the following Strategic FDI initiative:
- Long-term focused commitment to nurture the Automotive Sector
- Targeting to become the regional leader in the automotive parts supplier industry(supply source)
- Enthusiasm for winning foreign direct investment via aggressive incentive offering, coupled with strategic FDI solicitation efforts
- Actualizing of the Mubarak/Merkel Spring 2006 Initiative
Incentive Enhancement Recommendation
- Dedicate one two- million m2 automotive industrial park in the 6th of October City
- Egypt to build up one-half of the necessary infrastructure in the automotive industrial park at start-up, and complete infrastructure build-up as park occupancy rate increases
- Offer the land free-of-charge on a long term lease basis through 2007
- Built up a Technology Center within the Automotive Industrial Park, inclusive of specialty automotive software, equipment, accredited testing, technology and subject-matter experts.
- If an investor has needs above and beyond what has been installed in the Technology Center, the GOE commits to install it at 5% of the investment cost made by the investor in the Industrial Park, or capped at US$5000,000 per company.
- The "voice of the investor" will shape the technology center; in addition to input from subject matter experts from customer OEM 's concerning specific technical requirements.
5- Year Labor/Skills Buildindg Program:
- Offer automotive-specific and investor-specific training to local labor at up to 80% support rate. Continue the incentive at the same rate for the next 5 years.
- Automotive terminology(language), supplier development/ quality assessment, certifications, administrative assistance, safety, housekeeping, cultural training.
- Offer special vocational training for local personnel in-country and abroad.
Export Recognition Program:
- Extend the current offering, beginning January 2008
10% for the first two years
8% for years 3
7% for years 4
6% for years 5
- Business Start-Up center
- 60 days Business Center access, free-of-charge
- Incubator office fully-equipped with communications equipment, business equipment, business start-up assistance from GAFI and other on-site( a one-stop shop experience)
- "Soft-landing" support to expatriates and their families ( i.e. lodging, culture,orientation).