News and Events

FRUIT LOGISTICA (09.-11. February 2011) more

Cairo International Fair (11 - 22 March 2010) more

New Egyptian fertiliser complex by Uhde more

Egyptian-German factory for oil& gas pumps in Suez more

Metro to enter Egypt with 10 Cash & Carry stores more

Egypt's long term objectives in the field of Renewable Energy more

Travel to EgyptTravel to Egypt




A Visa should be obtained for German citizens (German passport) at port of arrival for 15 USD

Customs/Declaration of Cash

A traveller is allowed to hold up to 5000 L.E. and/or up to 10,000 USD or its equivalent without declaration. For cash more than stated, it should be declared through a customs declaration that it is being distributed before arrival/departure for rasons of money laundry prevention.

Cameras, Video Cameras, Laptops, and other personal devices are subject to custms of 5% and to value added tax (VAT) of 25%. These devices are to be registered on the passport, in order not to pay the mentioned tariff & tax. In this case they must get out of Egypt with the passenger. (For more information check customs tariff)

Link to Customs Tariff


Real Estate

A foreigner can buy any kind of real estate in Egypt for the purpose of investment or residency from the government or ordinary persons through a contract and registration by the nearest notarization office. To facilitate the process a law firm can be of help.

Working Permits

These are to be obtained after the establishment of a company with the assistance of the General Authority for Investment and Free Zones. Information about Cars Treatment